I tried grinding stones, but they were too hard. Much harder than the blue stone I used on Madrak.
Then, I tried smashing and chiselling stones... which also didn't work.
Now I have some fossilized sharks teeth on order.
While we wait for that, here are some of the finishing touches...
From black, I painted a thin layer of pink.
Followed by a khaki.
After that, I red-washed them. In the recesses, I went thick, but on the raised areas, I used a thin wash.
Finally, I did some highlighting with a yellow-white.
Below, are the close up photos... loving my digital micro cam.
So, I found some larger and more realistic jewels on sale..
Now, here are the final-ish shots, minus the spear tips....
|Take a look at my Step by Step page for the entire Hordebloods project.|
Here you will find each model broken down into links showing each step:
Concept, Works in Progress, (for both modelling and painting) and Final Shots