For those new to this site, two years ago some friends and I began a charity marathon called Headshots from the Heart. We played Borderlands for 24 hours straight to raise money for Childs Play, a charity that brings joy to the lives of sick children, and streamed the whole thing online. Last year we repeated the event and have raised a total of $7,616. Yeah, that's kind of a big deal.
We're doing it again. Starting at 12:30 pm EST on May 3rd a team of players will marathon for 24 hours taking donations and pledges. You can sponsor the, wait for it, number of headshot / critical kills they make during that period.
Want to help? Here's how:
- Don't want to worry about all the little details? Just donate your money.
Money is sent directly to Childs Play
- Pledge your support. Offer pennies per critical kill and we'll email you when the event is over to let you know what you owe. (You can cap your offer.)
- SPREAD THE WORD
- Got a website, blog, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc? Tell everyone about this event.
- SPONSOR US
- We need sponsors to provide items we can auction off and prize out throughout the event.
- Last year Gearbox, SteelSeries, Runic Games, Cards Against Humanity and many others offered a great selection of stuff which allowed us to blow our previous numbers out of the water!
- GIVE US STUFF
- Not a big company, but still want to help or sponsor? We've gotten some great things from Etsy shops or had artists donate paintings and sculptures.
- Contact us ahead of time with your idea, please.
- The event takes place at KwartzLab in Kitchener, Ontario. Come on out during the event and join in the games, LAN and other activities that will be going on.
- Stay tuned at the Headshots website for details on all the events, costs, etc.
- CONTACT US
- Want to volunteer or have another idea on how you can help? Send us an email!