Wargaming Tradecraft: Postapocalyptibuggy [part 6]

Postapocalyptibuggy [part 6]

The ongoing chronicle and my first attempt at posting Work In Progress shots, this is my entry for the Massive Voodoo Mad Max Car Competition. I'll list them all on my Step by Step page, or you can view the current WIP series.


Oh, this went so well, it was a shame it broke off later when Fire got too close.

So the plan is to take the driver door off. Since the most fragile part will be the section between the door and the front window, I cut it out first.

The cutting is all done by patiently running a knife across the places I want to cut, over and over again. Patiently. It's thinner material.

I've been exploring the use of fire a lot on this project, so I even used it to attach the door. (Still a little glue to make it stronger)
 Y'know what's awesome about this being MY Postapocalyptibuggy?

Gull-wings.

Yeahhhh! :-D
 It's an aged vehicle, so I slice under the trim. It naturally curls up.
 I'm going to add a covering over the top of the front wheel wells. To do this, I cut some strips from paper backing, glue them together and cover them in more glue. I've covered them so there's a better, singular surface, instead of just a few pieces of paper.
 I've got some wire mesh from hobby stores and it's turning into window protectors. Check the placement, then cut it to size.
The windows are glued into place. You can see in the far one that I've also cut/torn them up a little bit.

I create weld and other marks using filler.. I'll probably end up cutting it down some, now that I look at it in this photo.

I've also glued a piece of paper backing across where I drilled bullet holes when doing the inside, and used putty to create the fake weld joints.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments civil and language appropriate for a child-safe environment.